Events & Outreach
- Conference: American Geophysical Union (AGU) Annual Fall Meeting, Washington DC, USA, December 2018. Dedicated session of talks and poster presentations:
Crustal Formation, Fluid–Rock Reactions, and Subsurface Microbial Communities in the Samail Ophiolite: Results from the Oman Drilling Project and Related Research
Monday 10th December 2018
08:00 - 10:00 Oral Session V11B
10:20 - 12:20 Oral Session V12B
13:40 - 18:00 Poster Session V23H
- Conference: International Conference on Ophiolites and the Oceanic Lithosphere - Results from the Oman Drilling Project and Related Research
12th - 14th January 2020, Sultan Qaboos University, Muscat, Oman
- Conference: JpGU Annual Meeting, Chiba, Japan, May 2018. Dedicated session of talks and poster presentations:
Hard-Rock Drilling: Oman to Oceanic Lithosphere to Island Arc Formation and Beyond (# S-CG54)
- Workshop: OmanDP Phase 2 Workshop, Public Authority of Mining, Sultanate of Oman, 12th March 2018
- Site Visit: Visitors from the Geological Society of Oman at site BA4 on the morning of 24th February 2018.
- Site Visit: We were visited by a group from the US Embassy in Muscat on the afternoon of 24th February 2018.
- Site Visit: The OmanDP in-country Steering Committee visited site BA1 28th January 2018.
- Site Visit: A group of Geology students from the German University for Technology visited the CM1 and CM2 sites on 11th December 2017.
- Conference: American Geophysical Union (AGU) Annual Fall Meeting, New Orleans, USA, December 2017. Dedicated Late Breaking session of talks and poster presentations:
- Ship Visit: The OmanDP In-Country Steering Committee visited the science team who were describing the Phase 1 cores onboard DV Chikyu in Japan in August 2017.
- Site Visit: The Vice Chancellor of Sultan Qaboos Univerity visited site BT1 on the afternoon of 22nd March 2017 and joined the drill site team in celebrating the successful conclusion of Phase 1 drilling!
- Site Visit: Students from the Muscat College of Higher Technology visited site BT1 on the morning of 22nd March 2017.
- Site Visit: A visit from a group of Geology students from the German University for Technology at the BT1 site on 18th March 2017.
- Site Visit: Scientists from the Ministry of Regional Municipalities and Water Resources Muscat visited the BT1 site on 15th March 2017.
- Seminar: Chief Scientist Prof. Peter Kelemen gave a seminar at Sultan Qaboos University on 15th March 2017 on weathering and alteration of the Samail Ophiolite.
- Site Visit: We were visited at the BT1 site on 11th March 2017 by Geoscientists from univerisities and institutes in Japan, who will participate in Phase 2 of OmanDP.
- Site Visit: A group of Geology students from Sultan Qaboos Univerity visited us on 9th March 2017 at the BT1 site.
- Workshop: OmanDP Phase 1 Workshop, Sultan Qaboos University, Sultanate of Oman, 26th February 2017.
- Related Workshop: Serpentine Days Workshop 2016, Sète, France, 25th - 29th September 2016
- Seminar: Oman Drilling Project Presented by Prof. Juerg Matter and Dr. Jude Coggon. Hosted by Geological Society of Oman at PDO, 2nd March 2016.